– Gain Experience with Us –
Using the sport of hockey, the mission of Snider Hockey is to build lives and unite communities, helping educate young people to succeed in the game of life. We invite YOU to jumpstart your own success by gaining experience for your career with us. Join Snider Hockey today, where you can learn about our values and apply what you have learned in the classroom to the workplace, all while making a DIFFERENCE in your community!
Interns help prepare and deliver quality ice hockey and life skills programming to Snider Hockey students.
• Prepare and execute on/off-ice activities and programming
• Assist with communications initiatives, recruiting activities, registration tasks, and conducting preliminary research
• Occasional night and/or weekend responsibilities and travel in the Greater Philadelphia area are required
• Ice hockey experience is preferred, but not required
Interns directly assist with projects related to compliance, recruiting, and onboarding new hires.
Conduct preliminary research to assist the HR Department with updated employment laws and compliance regulations
• Update and maintain multiple employee databases and personnel files
• Assist in the recruiting and hiring process, including posting job openings, reviewing resumes, and conducting phone screens
Photography and Media:
Interns assist with projects related to graphic design and capturing and editing images from Snider Hockey programs and events.
• Capture and edit photos and videos of Snider Hockey students during programs and events to utilize for marketing and communication materials
• Assist with graphic design projects as needed
• DSLR camera or similar high-resolution camera, basic graphic design skills and familiarity with photo/video editing software is important
Interns assist with the development and delivery of academic programming and support at Snider Hockey facilities.
• Coordinate and execute education activities including academic, postsecondary, and life skills/healthy living programming
• Build partnerships with local colleges and universities, elementary and high schools, and education-focused non-profits
• Attend meetings, assist with internal and external inquiries, maintain databases, and conduct preliminary research
Interns implement and execute various events at the Wells Fargo Center, Snider Hockey’s various rinks, and other locations in the Philadelphia area.
• Attend Flyers home games, staff the Snider Hockey kiosk, promote various items and upcoming foundation events
• Address inquiries regarding Snider Hockey programming, volunteering, and financial/equipment donations
• Inform fans what the mission of Snider Hockey is, and programs offered
* Fall and Spring terms only